Friday, July 24, 2009

Why Won't People Take Care of Themselves?

Haven't we all learned by now that if we don't care of ourselves that it just doesn't happen by itself? Now, I'm not talking about being young and full of shit and knowing you're going to live forever! NO, I'm talking about old farts like me. You'd think we'd get it by now that we have a shelf life. Where did our health teacher go wrong when s/he talked about the human body? I'm tired of my body falling apart! No wonder people drink. I don't care how much exercise you do, your body still sags and after 50 the parts that don't sag diminish like your eyes, ears, your nose loses its ability to smell, only it does pick up farts pretty well; you find yourself saying "huh?" a lot! Even with contacts, you still can't read the newspaper. The other day I was parking up at the grocery store at the top of the hill in Greenville and hardly any cars were there, except a grocery cart and what did I do? I hit the damn cart!!! No cars around, what's up with that? Yesterday I couldn't even park straight in a parking space with lines on it!

1 comment:

  1. And mirrors are very unkind. Where did all this skin come from?

    ReplyDelete